If you’re like the average environment NTP Software assesses, 60-90% of your unstructured file data is a candidate for archiving.
LOTS of Great Things Are Around 20 Years Old Now:
- Rip Van Winkle’s Bourbon Whiskey, valued at $9,999.95 (a bargain no doubt)
- The Movie Shawshank Redemption – now looping continuously on TNT…again.
- The lint in the bottom of……EVERYTHING in the bottom of your kitchen junk drawer.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom. They still have the same parrot from 1998…just not the same cracker.
- - headquartered in Chelmsford, MA: Operating for more than 24-years strong.
It’s an interesting question because it involves a simple juxtaposition of four words. How important can that possibly be?
However, the order of those words is critical when we examine the answers in the light of IT budgets capital (CapEx) and operational expenses (OPEX) regarding their relationship to technology costs and return on investment (ROI).
Yes, the business of storing and retrieving data has entered the business realm of having to prove its worth to the corporate enterprise. It’s a rather unorthodox arrangement to figuring out ROI but it does reveal some insightful facts about the cost and value of doing file data storage the right way.